Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hydrangea Cupcakes

For my Mom's birthday, I made her these hydrangea cupcakes. I bought all sorts of different shades of purple and blue to make the right colors. They turned out great, but the cream cheese frosting was a little loose and goopy. It didn't get as fluffy as it was supposed to. They were delicious, though!


 

















I think they're beautiful, despite the frosting! Next time, I'll have to figure out where I went wrong. Maybe the cream cheese was too soft.
I tried to use a white liner, thinking the batter would seep through and make the liner look brown, like dirt. You know, because these are flowers. Sadly, it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. Brown liners would have been better.

Anyway, these turned out so great. The cupcake was so moist and delicious, and the frosting was to die for. The recipe can be found here, where the idea came from. Glorious Treats' rendition is much better than mine! Her frosting wasn't goopy at all. Mine will look like that next time! 

Happy baking! 


3 comments:

  1. I've had trouble with cream cheese frosting being to soft in the past. Usually it's my putting to much milk in but I've realized that I don't like the cream cheese to be room temperature but cold and just malleable.
    They looks awesome and delicious all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was right out of the fridge! And I was very careful with the milk. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm is right. This is a case we need to crack.

    ReplyDelete