Monday, February 11, 2013

First Post: Ultimate Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla and Chocolate Buttercream

Hi there! So this is my first post on my cupcake blog. I made The ULTIMATE vanilla cupcakes, and frosted half of them with vanilla buttercream, half of them with chocolate buttercream. And they turned out fabulous, as always. This is THE BEST vanilla cupcake recipe out there. They turn out uniform in shape every time, and always taste great. 

Here's a pic of two of the delicious cupcakes.

I frosted them with a 
1m tip from Wilton. 
For the cupcake on the 
left, I started at the 
middle and worked
my way out to make
a rose. For the cupcake 
on the right I started on the outside and swirled 
in and up, for a classic 
1m swirl. Pretty, right? I love these silver cupcake liners. 



A pic of the rose from the top.
If you want to give making these a try, here's the recipe. The vanilla bean seeds definitely make a HUGE impact on the flavor. They make the cupcake much better than an ordinary vanilla cupcake recipe. 
The chocolate frosting is from here, and the vanilla frosting is from here. They all came from different places, but taste great together! Although I found with the chocolate frosting that it somewhat overpowers the vanilla cupcake. It still tastes great though! Maybe it would be better paired with a chocolate cupcake. I used this chocolate frosting recipe because i didn't have any semisweet chocolate bars. Usually I would use a recipe with real chocolate in it, but this is a great substitute! These are three of my staple recipes, so if you're looking for a great recipe for vanilla cupcakes, vanilla buttercream, or chocolate buttercream, look no further!

Here are the links again!

ULTIMATE Vanilla Cupcakes: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2011/09/ultimate-vanilla-cupcake-test-baked-by.html

Best and easiest chocolate frosting: http://www.laurenslatest.com/the-best-and-easiest-chocolate-frosting-birthday-cake/

Magnolia bakery's vanilla buttercream: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/MAGNOLIA-BAKERY-VANILLA-CUPCAKES-WITH-VANILLA-BUTTERCREAM-ICING-50055058


No comments:

Post a Comment